Infection Control Committee
|Location||: Ground Floor|
|Location||: ROOM 1124|
|Trunkline||: +632.913.8380 Loc. 1108|
|Office Hours||: 8:30AM - 5:30PM; 24/7 Referral System|
- Formulates , implements and updates infection control policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Surveillance of healthcare associated infections, antibiotic use, personnel health, infection control practices and environmental care.
- Provides training and education among healthcare staff, visitors and relatives
- Receives 27/4 referrals
- Provides counseling on proper prevention and control of infectious and communicable diseases.
- Provides quarterly seminar/workshops.
- With trained physician to provide counseling on HIV/AIDS cases.
- ISOLATION ROOMS- Use to isolate patients with contagious diseases to prevent cross contamination among patients.
- Location of isolation Rooms:
- Nursing stations- 1024/924/824/724/624
- ICU: Bed 1
- SAFETYHOOD CABINET with HEPA Filter-Use in the preparation of chemotherapeutic drugs for In and OPD patients. This device is utilized to ensure aseptic technique preparation and prevention of occupational exposure from chemo drugs.
- Hematology, Oncology, Pediatric and Elderly (HOPE) Center, 2nd floor
- DEPARTMENTALIZATION OF CASES: Admission of patients is according to departmentalization of cases to achieve proper patient placement and easy cohorting of diseases.
- 10TH,9TH, 5TH Floor s-General Ward
- 8th Floor- OB/Surgery/Room In babies
- 7th Floor-Medicine Ward
- 6th Floor- General Pediatric Ward
- 5th Floor-General/Executive Ward
GENERAL POLICY / GUIDELINES
The objective of Infection Control Committee (ICC) is to prevent, detect, and control healthcare associated infections (HCAIs) through updated policy and guidelines such as the following:
- Hand hygiene.
- Isolation Precautions
- Surveillance of HCAIs
- Programs on prevention of Surgical site infections (SSI), Blood stream Infections (BSI), Catheter- related Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) and Ventilator Associated Infection (VAP)
- Disinfection and Sterilization
- Waste Management
- Environmental Care
- Education among healthcare workers, visitors and relatives.